Monday, June 01, 2009

Music for Pentecost

So one of the fun things I'm working on is having a decent playlist for all the liturgical seasons. Since Pentecost Sunday was yesterday, I've been digging through my music to find something that might relate to the Holy Spirit...and not having a lot of luck. Here's what I've got so far:
Oyaheya (Ricky Byars)
Spirit in the Sky (Norman Greenbaum, though I also have a dc Talk version)
Veni Sancte Spiritus & Within Our Darkest Night (Taize)
...and that's it. I also have some songs which might well fit into a theme if we merged this with Kingdomtide:
Be Thou My Vision (Van Morrison)
Love and Peace or Else (U2)
Prayer of St Francis (Sarah McLachlan)
But still not a great start. Anyone have suggestions? Please?

(I'll post other liturgical playlists when I get some time.)

1 comment:

Brian Vinson said...

sweet - you included Norman Greenbaum! I love that song!