Wednesday, February 11, 2009

A Good Day

They don't come as often as I would like, but I want to celebrate when they do: it was a good day today!

I'm not saying it was perfect (or that I was!), but it was one of those days where you feel like you are doing the right thing. I was a pastor, priest, preacher, and teacher today. I saw new life begin to unfold. I saw new possibilities. I saw people I've known for a while in a deeper and truer way. I saw the Spirit of God move.

I have been working on a sermon about expectations, so the question of what do I expect of myself, of God, of others has been on my mind. I wasn't expecting today to be anything other than routine, catch-up, administrative work. And I was surprised by grace and joy and peace. I hope you are ambushed by your vocation--by a Christ-experience--as well.

Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace,
according to thy word;
for mine eyes have seen thy salvation,
which thou hast prepared before the face of all people,
to be a light to lighten the Gentiles,
and to be the glory of thy people Israel.

1 comment:

Lisa Coles said...

Good old Saint Simeon...love his prayer. Would that we could all pray that one. It's so good to see where you've ended up on this journey...glad you had a good day and pray that you'll have many, many more!
Blessings,
"Miss Lisa"